Hello folks, JP here, founder of Metrics Watch!
There are a few things I want to share today. I’m super excited as this is a huge milestone for Metrics Watch and how we help agencies from all around the world send reports to their clients.
New awesome report design
First, I’m super happy to announce you that we just released our new awesome report design. The previous design was ok, but]now we think it’s just plain awesome!
Here are the old (left) and new (right) designs:
This new design is not only nicer, but it’s also a better user experience. You can see more information, quicker. Which is great as our reports are pretty much dashboards in your inbox. It’s also colorblind friendly and works on all email clients we could test. We tested dozens of email clients and only one version of Outlook (2010) has a minor issue that’s hard to fix but is on our roadmap.
We’re not stopping there: we will make more things configurable relatively soon, like the header color.
Would you like to see it right now but don’t have an account yet? Head on our home page, we have a form to get a sample report in your inbox without signing up 🙂
New app design
The Metrics Watch app has been working for a little while…but it was not so nice, right? It was limit awful. It’s now a lot better. For that one, I don’t have screenshots…but I encourage you to go try it yourself. It’s pretty nice now.
A new design is all cool…but what about the user experience? It was slightly improved. Why just slightly? Why stop there? We will continue to improve it in the coming months but we thought that a fresh coat of paint was a good start. We have a lot coming to improve the overall experience of creating and updating reports, canvas, and alerts in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned! Until then, you can log in the app and see how much nicer it is!
What’s next? A glimpse at our roadmap
Ok, everything’s nicer…cool! But that doesn’t bring other features for you today. So, what’s next?
Well, there’s a lot coming. First, we’re working on making sure we’ll be fully GDPR compliant before May 25th. After that though, there are a plethora of things we’ll be improving, very quickly. Here are a few examples:
- Year over year comparison added in reports
- Logo upload (instead of just URL) for white label options
- Customizable header color for reports
- New integrations, in addition to what we already have (Google Analytics, Facebook Ads and Adwords via GA):
- [Integration] LinkedIn Ads
- [Integration] Facebook (not Ads, but pages and stuff like that)
- [Integration] Bing Ads
- [Integration] Adwords (native integration)
- Add a secondary metric in lists (in reports). Right now, a list has two columns: one dimension, and one metric. You will be able to pick 2 metrics. Example: instead of having the number of sessions per referrers, you could have the list of referrers with the number of sessions and also the number of conversions.
All that should be out before the summer, or in the very early summer. There are a few more tiny things we have planned, small UX improvements here and there but there’s too many to list them.
Do you want something that’s not there? Get in touch, we’ll see what we can do! 🙂
What do you think of all those new shiny things? Let me know by using our the live chat at the bottom right.